Apr 20, 2009

Lacura Hydra Complete Cream

Lacura, a skin care line sold at Aldi and manufactured in Germany, has a line of day and night creams, body lotions, cleansers, serums, wrinkle fillers, eye creams and toners with make-up debuting soon.

Having tried and liking the Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Day cream, but finding it a bit heavy for my skin type decided to try their Hyra Complete Cream which contains Sea Minerals and Vitamin B.

I was very pleasantly surprised. In a screw top jar this cream is sort of a gel-cream mix, very light in texture. It is a beautiful shade of blue and has a very fresh, clean, pleasant smell that makes one think of the sea.

It spreads easily and absorbs very well and doesn't seem to "ball up" on the skin like the Q10 Day Cream does. The scent is a bit strong initially but quickly fades. It does contain sunscreen ingredients but does not list the SPF and therefore I will not rely on it as a sunscreen. Having used it for several days in a row it seemed to soothe and hydrate my skin without causing me to break out despite containing silicones.

Why is it that this cream, which some bloggers have said is comparable to such creams as La Mer, able to be manufactured and packaged so nicely for such a low price? It is remarkable to me. Especially when you consider that so many mass market skin care lines are coming out with products that cost more than department store lines. Olay being the first to come to mind.

In my opinion, this is an excellent product and one that I plan to repurchase. It contains ingredients found in much more expensive products, vitamins, oyster shell extract and appears to be paraben-free.

I have tried to figure out who manufactures this product line for Aldi but so far have not been able to find out.

A jar of this delightful cream sells for under $5.00 at Aldi stores.

Ingredients: Biosaccharide Gum-1, Glycerin, Octyldodecanol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Sodium Acrylates/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Octocrylene, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Cyclohexasiloxane, Ostrea Shell Extract, Maris Limus Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Fructrose, Glycine, Niacinamide, Urea, Inositol, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Calcium Pantothenate, Propylene Glycol, Fragrance, Tetrasodium EDTA, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Blue 1.

6 comments:

  1. Lacura skin products are all I use. Unfortunately for me, there isn't an Aldi in my state so I have to stock up on these products whenever I'm in a state that has them. I absolutely love the Hydra Complete Cream. It's light and doesn't leave an oily/greasy feel to my skin. I've actually written to Aldi headquarters requesting a store in my state, but they wrote back to say that there were no plans to put one here. I'll just have to buy Lacura whenever I have an opportunity. Great products, super prices. Far superior to Olay or even department store lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in Colorado, and of course no ALDI stores here, but my sister who lives in Europe uses this line and just LOVES it.

    Too bad ALDI does not sell stuff on-line:-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, right, it would be great if they did. They recently lowered the prices on their skin care, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can buy it on Ebay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some lesser-known products actually delivers more impressive results than branded ones.

    skincare online

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anyone know if this helps psoriasis patches?

    ReplyDelete