Jun 22, 2009

Grassroots Research Labs Blue Algae Enriched Firming Cream

Grassroots is a product line sold exclusively at Kohl's department stores and is manufactured by Estee Lauder under their Beauty Bank division. Think Origins or Aveda as far as marketing goes for this product line.

Grassroots has recently launched several new products under the Grassroots Research Labs banner. These new products are more expensive than the orginal Grassroots products.

The Grassroots Research Labs Blue Algae Enriched Firming Cream is a wonderful product. The scent is slightly herbal but extremely light and barely noticeable. The texture is sort of a gel/lotion that dries to a velvety, powdery, soft finish. It isn't greasy like a lot of other Estee Lauder creams. I really think I can feel it "firming" my skin. It also seems very similar to Creme de La Mer's recent gel moisturizer, which I really like, but as you know La Mer costs substantially more.

According to the Grassroots website... "This refreshingly, lightweight gel-cream delivers nutrients and moisture to parched skin on contact to hydrate, tighten and firm skin for a more youthful appearance.

• immediately: 66% increase in skin's moisture level.
• after 4 weeks: 45% of subjects saw firmer skin.
•skin is firmer, more lifted and natural collagen production is increased (an effect which helps diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles)
."

The only thing that would this cream perfect in my book is the addition of chemical sunscreens and if they packaged it in a tube instead of a jar. A matching serum would also be nice. Another issue I have with it is the fact that it balls up if I touch my face after application. I've had the same issue with other high silicone content creams. Some people may not have this problem, however, and it may be caused in part to me layering other products with it.

This product is light enough that I use it over my Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum and under my Mastey de Paris Moiste Facial Moisturizer.

A 1.7 ounce jar retails for $32.50 at Kohl's department stores or online from Kohl's.

Ingredients: WATER\AQUA\EAU**, STEARYL DIMETHICONE , DIMETHICONE , BUTYLENE GLYCOL , ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE , GLYCERIN , AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE/VP COPOLYMER , CITRUS MEDICA LIMONUM (LEMON) PEEL*, OCIMUM BASILICUM (BASIL) OIL*, CARUM PETROSELINUM (PARSLEY) SEED OIL*, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL*, CUCUMIS SATIVUS (CUCUMBER) OIL*, FERULA GALBANIFLUA (GALBANUM) RESIN OIL*, FUCUS VESICULOSUS EXTRACT, VIOLA ODORATA (VIOLET) EXTRACT, ABIES BALSAMEA (BALSAM CANADA) RESIN, LIMONENE , SPIRULINA MAXIMA EXTRACT , ASCOPHYLLUM NODOSUM EXTRACT , ALTEROMONAS FERMENT EXTRACT , CHLORELLA VULGARIS EXTRACT , ACRYLAMIDE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE COPOLYMER , ALGAE EXTRACT , TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) PROTEIN , ASPARAGOPSIS ARMATA EXTRACT , SUCROSE , TREHALOSE , HYDROLYZED YEAST PROTEIN , GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) PROTEIN , SORBITOL , TOCOPHERYL ACETATE , ISOHEXADECANE , OLETH-10 , PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE , CAFFEINE , TROMETHAMINE , CARBOMER , GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE , SODIUM HYALURONATE , POLYSORBATE 80 , HYDROGENATED LECITHIN , PENTYLENE GLYCOL , PEG-8 , DISODIUM EDTA , POTASSIUM SORBATE , PHENOXYETHANOL.
* ESSENTIAL OIL
**HAWAIIAN DEEP SEA WATER

5 comments:

  1. After using Blue Algae for 3 days, my face & neck broke out in a bad rash that is taking a few days to go away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 24, 2011

    I want the Grassroots mint bar soap back

    ReplyDelete
  3. after just 3 days the fine lines around my eyes and mouth were gone.... I have very oily skin and this has posed no problems...I use this everyday....a sunworshipper from the 70's

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJune 14, 2012

    why package in a tube? I much prefer jars, because you can get every last bit of product out of it. I have to actually cut a tube in half when it is almost gone to get all the product out.

    ReplyDelete