Oct 12, 2009

Chanel Ultra Correction Lift Sculpting Firming Concentrate

Chanel's new Ultra Correction Lift Sculpting Firming Concentrate is a very interesting product. It is an updated version of their previous lifting products. The packaging Chanel uses is gorgeous and so regal looking.

According to the Chanel website: "High-performing star ingredient elemi PFA* stimulates the production of tensin, improving the quality of skin's collagen and elastin fibers, and helping to improve their bonds within the skin to create a firm supportive network.

Lightweight silky gel, luxuriously textured and delicately scented, provides an immediate lifting effect.

*PFA: Polyfractioned Active. An ultra-pure, ultra-powerful ingredient created through an exclusive purification technique developed by CHANEL. Ophthalmologist tested. Dermatologist tested. Comedogenicity tested."

Regardless of the science, this product smells amazing. The fragrance is a bit strong at first but very pleasant. This serum absorbs incredibly quickly and it requires very little as it spreads remarkably well. The texture of this pale pink serum is a bit thicker than a lot of serums but much lighter than lotion. It makes my skin feel very soft and silky without being oily. There is a sense of tightening after applying the product but it is difficult to say just how much. I used a small sample size tube of product I received from the Chanel counter at Macy's for several days and really enjoyed it.

I have no idea what ingredients are in this product as the sample tube doesn't list them.

A 1-ounce bottle retails for $165. while a $1.7-ounce bottle sells for $225. at the Chanel website and at higher-end department stores with Chanel counters.

Ingredients: Currently unavailable

UPDATE: After using this product daily for approximately two weeks I have noticed that it tends to "ball up" on my skin if I use a bit extra. Also, based on the texture, tingle and scent, I think this may have a high alcohol content which I think the former version of this product did as well. A high alcohol content can be drying and or irritating for some people. I am not a big fan of products that ball up on my skin because it makes me think it isn't absorbing. I would guess this is because of a high silicone content; however, I do not have a list of ingredients for this so cannot say. This is still a nice product and I think with a lighter application it would not ball up. If this does indeed have a high alcohol content I am not sure how hydrating it can be. It seems that some companies use alcohol in order to make a product dry quicker, absorb better and give skin that "tingle." I personally prefer alcohol-free products because my skin is ultra sensitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment