Oct 19, 2009

Organic Apoteke Rejuvenating Face Cream

I received a sample of Organic Apoteke Rejuvenating Face Cream. This is an organic line of skin care similar to that of Aveda, Origins, and Grassroots. However, Organic Apoteke products are certified 100 percent organic.

This product is gel like and easily spreads, sinking in very quickly. The scent is quite strongly herbal but fades gradually after a few hours. The scent may be a bit strong for some but I didn't feel it was at all offensive. I prefer unscented or lightly scented products as strongly scented products tend to bother me.

This product contains Palmitoyl Oilgopeptide which I think is great. Though peptides are still being researched to prove their effectiveness it seems that many of the higher end products are including them for their potential anti-wrinkle, skin firming, and moisturization benefits.

I am not usually a fan of so called organic products simply because they aren't always ideal for my sensitive skin. I've found many organic products will "ball up" on my face and/or not absorb very well. I found that this product balled up on my face if I touched it and didn't seem to absorb all that well. While not an inexpensive product line, the prices seem comparable to many of the other department store brands.

This face cream is available from the Organic Apoteke website, Macy's, Whole Foods, and various other stores and websites. A 1.7-ounce jar costs $45.00.

Ingredients: Rosa damascena distillate*, Helianthus annuus seed oil*, Cocos nucifera oil*, Glycine soja oil*, Prunus amygdalus dulcis oil*, Cera alba*, Rosa damascena oil*, Butyrospermum parkii butter*, Citrus paradisi seed extract*, Glycerin (vegetable)**, Xanthan gum**, Palmitoyl oilgopeptide**, Potassium sorbate**, Sodium benzoate**, Sodium dehydroacetate, Sorbic acid**, Citric acid, Cymbopogon martinii oil*, Daucus carota oil*, Triticum vulgare germ oil*, Cananga odorata oil*.
* Certified organic
** Derived from organic botanicals

No comments:

Post a Comment