Dec 23, 2008

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair

Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair Protective Recovery Complex has been a top seller since it was introduced over 25 years ago.

The "little brown bottle" contains a silicone based serum with anti-oxidants and anti-irritants the company markets as helping to prevent and reverse the appearance of skin damage.

Among it's many awards was this years "Editor's Choice" 2008 Golf For Women Beauty Award.

Advanced Night Repair is packaged in a square brown glass bottle with a dropper lid. The texture of this serum is a slightly thick, oily, amber colored liquid. The scent is extremely light and rather neutral.

The directions indicate to use 4 or 5 drops on your clean face and throat each night before applying your moisturizer. I have found that applying this to slightly damp skin allows it to spread more evenly. In addition I have found that it requires more than 4 or 5 drops to cover my entire face and throat. Using too much, however will result in it feeling heavy on your skin.

Advanced Night Repair is one of those products that I tend to go back to. I have noticed that it does seem to heal breakouts and reduce irritation. It absorbs rather quickly and doesn't make my skin appear greasy.

Whether it protects the skin from and reverses the signs of aging I cannot say but I can say it makes my skin feel soft and seems to keep the dryness under control. I haven't noticed any effect on fine lines or discoloration but I do feel that it plumps up my skin some.

Despite the fact it is marketed as a night repair serum, I use it during the day under my moisturizer as well as at night.

For those who have the extra to spend this might be a good product to try, especially if you suffer with irritation and dryness. Advanced Night Repair retails for $46.50 for 1 ounce, $73.00 for 1.7 ounces and $120.00 for 3.4 ounces.

Estee Lauder products are available and most higher end department stores. Estee Lauder recently added an updated version of this product to their line-up that contains a richer concentration of ingredients and higher price. It retails for $85.00 for 1 ounce.

Ingredients: Water, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Methyl Gluceth-20, Peg-75, Butylene Glycol, Bis-peg-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Glycereth-26, Cola Acuminata (Kola) Extract, Squalane, Sodium Rna, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, Pantethine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Oleth-3 Phosphate, Oleth-3, Oleth-5, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile), Caffeine, Choleth-24, Ceteth-24, Xanthan Gum, Tea-carbomer, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Bht, Trisodium Edta, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Yellow 5, Green 5, Red 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment