Jan 5, 2009

Grassroots Happily Ever After Moisture Cream SPF15

I first tried Grassroots Happily Ever After Moisture Cream SPF15 two years ago when I was given two generously sized sample tubes of the product. I was eager to try this product because of the fact it contains a lot of natural ingredients.

Grassroots is very similar to Aveda and Origins products and all three are owned by cosmetics powerhouse Estee Lauder. This product seems to be very similiar to Origins Have a Nice Day Super Charged Moisture Cream SPF 15.

According to Grassroots Happily Ever After is... "A mega moisture cream packed with a powerful blend of eight anti-oxidants, skin soothers and SPF 15 to protect, firm, and hydrate thirsty skin."

The first thing I noticed about this product was that it is thick and smells great. The scent is in the citrus family and while delicate does linger. The texture of this cream is slightly oil, like most moisturizers, especially those containing sunscreen. It spreads easily, however; I find that it does not absorb very well and instead sort of feels like it sits upon the skin. It also seemed to cause me breakouts. I used this several times when I was going to be outside for an extended period of time on hot days and it would irritate my eyes when I perspired. Sunscreen needs to be applied to the entire face and thus because it would migrate when I perspired I could not use it on my forehead at all or it would end up getting in my eyes and really irritating them.

Another concern of mine is the use of essential oils. A lot has been written about certain essential oils causing sensitivity among other issues. While some may be perfectly safe to use, others, I have read can cause the skin all sorts of problems and this tends to keep me away from them. Mint, Camphor and Orange being among those I try to avoid. Natural doesn't always mean better. Good Skin, another Estee Lauder product line also sold at Kohl's, offers sunscreens that are fragrance free and do not contain essentail oils. Mastey de Paris has Moiste Facial Moisturizer SPF15 (Which is what I use everyday and love) as well as SunBloc which is their moisturizing sunscreen.

Happily Ever After is very similar to other Lauder products, it contains vitamins, antioxidants, humectants, peptides and other ingredients that are helpful to the skin. If it weren't for the essential oils this might rate higher on my list. This cream also contains silicone which may cause breakouts in some individuals.

Grassroots Happily Ever After Moisture Cream SPF15 is sold in a jar, contains 1.7 ounces and sells for $18.00 at Kohl's.

Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 5.0%, Avobenzone 3.0%. Water, Butylene Glycol, Methylheptyl Isostearate, Pentylene Glycol, Stearyl Alcohol, Peg-100 Stearate, Citrus Tangerine (Tangerine) Essential Oil, Menthe Arvensis (Wild Mint) Leaf Essential Oil, Litsea Cubeba Fruit Essential Oil, Citral Essential Oil, Linalool Essential Oil, Limonene Essential Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Essential Oil, Cinnamomum Camphora (Camphor), Grapeseed Extract, Dimethicone, Rosemary Extract, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Steareth-2, Arginine Ferulate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, Neopentyl Glyocol Diheptanoate, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Pantethine, Caffeine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sucrose, Steareth-10, Lecithin, Cholesterol, Glycine, Lauryldimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Carbomer, Isohexadecane, Trifluoromethyl C1-4 Alkyl Dimethicone, Peg-8, Polysorbate 80, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Carbomen, Caprylyl Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Bht, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol.

No comments:

Post a Comment